Boy Who Ate Leftover Chinese Food?

Boy Who Ate Leftover Chinese Food
A college student from Massachusetts was sent to the hospital after eating some contaminated Chinese takeout. Before being admitted to the hospital, the 19-year-old man had been experiencing nausea, fever, and shortness of breath. Because of a very unusual consequence of the infection, he ultimately required amputation of both of his legs as well as 10 of his fingers.

Loading It appears that something is loading. According to a story that was published in The New England Journal of Medicine, a 19-year-old man who was taken to the hospital with what at first appeared to be food poisoning ended up needing both of his legs as well as all of his fingers to be amputated.

A Student Ate Suspicious Leftovers For Lunch. This Is What Happened To His Limbs.

The patient, a college student from Massachusetts, had had some leftover rice, chicken, and lo mein the day before he was admitted to the hospital. Both he and a buddy who had eaten the same lunch afterwards threw up shortly after finishing their meals.

  • While his friend was able to get well after throwing up just once, the patient continued to have nausea, stomach pain, and vomiting.
  • In addition, the patient’s muscle pain, weakness, and chills became increasingly severe.
  • As his condition worsened, he began to experience chest discomfort, shortness of breath, headaches, neck stiffness, hazy vision, and yellowing of the skin.

About twenty hours after the student’s first episode of vomiting, he was checked into the hospital for further treatment. According to Newsweek, at that time he had a temperature of above 105 degrees Fahrenheit and an abnormally fast heart rate. His darkening of the skin gradually changed into a blotchy, purple rash that covered practically all of his body.

See also:  What Do You Call The Container Rice Comes In At A Chinese Food Restaurant?

Can Chinese food be left out overnight?

If the temperature is over 90 degrees Fahrenheit outside, food should be refrigerated after being left out for no longer than an hour. As a general rule, food should never be left out for more than two hours within this zone. Higher temperatures pose a greater risk, so food should be refrigerated after no longer than an hour.

Can you eat leftover Chinese?

How Long Is the Best Way to Keep Chinese Food That Has Been Leftover? If kept in the refrigerator, any leftover Chinese cuisine should be safe to eat for at least two or three days. However, this assumes that it was placed in the refrigerator as soon as it was cold and that it was not allowed to sit at room temperature for an extended amount of time.