Kid Who Ate Leftover Chinese Food?

Kid Who Ate Leftover Chinese Food
A college student from Massachusetts was sent to the hospital after eating some contaminated Chinese takeout. Before being admitted to the hospital, the 19-year-old man had been experiencing nausea, fever, and shortness of breath. Because of a very unusual consequence of the infection, he ultimately required amputation of both of his legs as well as 10 of his fingers.

  1. Currently Loading Something is currently loading.
  2. According to a story that was published in The New England Journal of Medicine, a 19-year-old man who was taken to the hospital with what at first appeared to be food poisoning ended up needing both of his legs as well as all of his fingers to be amputated.

The patient, a college student from Massachusetts, had had some leftover rice, chicken, and lo mein the day before he was admitted to the hospital. Both he and a buddy who had eaten the same lunch afterwards threw up shortly after finishing their meals.

  • While his friend was able to get well after throwing up just once, the patient continued to have nausea, stomach pain, and vomiting.
  • In addition, the patient’s muscle pain, weakness, and chills became increasingly severe.
  • As his condition worsened, he began to experience chest discomfort, shortness of breath, headaches, neck stiffness, hazy vision, and yellowing of the skin.

About twenty hours after the student’s first episode of vomiting, he was checked into the hospital for further treatment. According to Newsweek, at that time he had a temperature of above 105 degrees Fahrenheit and an abnormally fast heart rate. His darkening of the skin gradually changed into a blotchy, purple rash that covered practically all of his body.

See also:  What Kind Of Oil Should I Use When Cooking Chinese Food Or Cantonese?

What happened to student who ate leftover Chinese takeout food?

A student in Boston, United States, who was 19 years old, had his legs and fingers amputated after eating leftover Chinese takeaway food at a restaurant in Boston that served Chinese cuisine. The establishment in question does not have a name.

What happened to the 19-year-old who ate leftovers from restaurant?

After a few hours, his legs and fingers were removed. A 19-year-old man was rushed to the hospital with multiple organ failure a few hours after eating leftovers from a restaurant. Later, the physicians amputated both of his legs and all of his fingers.

What happened to the teen who ate leftover chicken and rice?

The young man, who will only be referred to as ‘JC,’ consumed chicken, rice, and lo mein that had been previously prepared. The student’s condition when he was brought to Massachusetts General Hospital was described in full in the article that was published on his medical case in March of last year in the New England Journal of Medicine.

What happens if you eat leftover food?

After eating the leftovers from the Chinese restaurant, the student reported feeling sick to their stomach. (This is a representational example) A student who was 19 years old ate some of the Chinese takeout that was left over from a restaurant. There is nothing out of the ordinary about this, but what occurs after this can only be characterized as terrible and weird at the same time.

The individual was forced to have both of his legs and fingers removed a few hours after eating the leftovers from the previous dinner. Because of germs that were present in the meal, the student, who was only referred to by his initials JC in the New England Journal of Medicine, had acquired a life-threatening infection and gangrene.

According to the information that was provided, he was sent to the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. According to what was written in the patient’s medical notebook, “the patient had been well up until 20 hours before this admission, when he had widespread abdomen discomfort and nausea after he ate rice, chicken, and lo mein leftovers from a restaurant lunch.” The New York Post claims that the individual in question worked at the restaurant on a part-time basis.

  • After consuming the leftovers from the Chinese restaurant that will remain nameless, he instantly began vomiting up.
  • After this, the following symptoms appeared: chills, chest discomfort, shortness of breath, headache, and fuzzy vision.
  • One of the patient’s friends mentioned that the patient’s skin had started to “become purple.” The patient was found to be suffering from a bacterial illness called Neisseria meningitidis, which was discovered following a battery of testing on both their blood and their urine.
See also:  What Chinese Food Can You Eat On A Low Fiber Diet?

In addition to developing gangrene, he was diagnosed with sepsis, which was brought on by the illness that he had first been treated for. As a consequence of this, the 19-year-old was had to have all of his fingers and both of his legs amputated. Despite the fact that the event took place in March 2021, it just gained widespread attention on social media after being published by a YouTuber named Chubbyemu. Kid Who Ate Leftover Chinese Food